[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4631: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4633: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4634: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4635: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Roggenforum.nl • Toon onderwerp - Need Some ideas/help my Flower is not acting right

Need Some ideas/help my Flower is not acting right

For discussion on breeding stingrays & fish illness, health and nutrition

Moderator: Kev

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated

Need Some ideas/help my Flower is not acting right

Berichtdoor keepinfish » di 17 mei 2011, 14:29

keepinfish
Actief lid

Re: Need Some ideas/help my Flower is not acting right

Berichtdoor Lode » di 17 mei 2011, 15:20

How long have you had him, is it wildcaught?
Lode
Beheerder

Berichtdoor keepinfish » di 17 mei 2011, 15:45

wild caught had him for 16-17 months... been in captivity for about a year. he is 10-11".. treated with prazi when i got him originally and quarantined him for 6 weeks. Never had issues with this ray, been a big eater, eats everything.....

He is in a 210 gallon currently 6x2x2.5, i was pushing the limits on this tank as i did have 3 hystrix, 3 baby leo's, and the flower in this tank up until i noticed symptoms and immedietly removed 2 of the leo pups to another tank...
was thinking maybe getting stressed out from being overstoked... however water params are great as i am on an established tank with sump, lots of plants and heavy drip 4 gph.

keepinfish
Actief lid

Berichtdoor Sjoeerd » di 17 mei 2011, 16:42

Wish i could help, but i have no idea what i could be.

Does not look like stress. I think it is an internal problem. Did you scan the flower for hooks?
Sjoeerd
Actief lid

Berichtdoor keepinfish » di 17 mei 2011, 16:54

if he has a hook he has had it a while... but no i have no way of scanning.
keepinfish
Actief lid

Berichtdoor Lode » di 17 mei 2011, 18:40

Is the sand non-silica? Could be irritation caused by the sand. Although his belly doesn't seem redish..
Lode
Beheerder

Berichtdoor keepinfish » di 17 mei 2011, 18:44

sand is a quartz made by 3m. and also made by estes....

His belly looks white, and he has been on it since i have had him.
possible that it is bothering him...
keepinfish
Actief lid

Berichtdoor Lode » di 17 mei 2011, 18:51

If the sand is quartz made I'm almost certain that this is the cause. Stingrays can get irritated by it even if it didn't bother them before. Probably the high stock stressed him out a little and he became more vulnerable.
Lode
Beheerder

Berichtdoor pasyv » di 17 mei 2011, 18:55

Dont know if a ray can have epilepsy.
The stiff tail and repeating swimming back and foward looks very unvoluntairy.
Does the pupil of the eyes stay smaller than usual during a "attack".
I have a dog that is epileptic and i know you cant compare a dog whit a ray but.
Repeating movement and unvoluntary movement and stiffness of limbs (tail)
very simular to my dog.
Dont know if it helps.
Good luck with your ray.
pasyv
Actief lid

Berichtdoor keepinfish » di 17 mei 2011, 19:05

Lode, maybe you are on to something.... BUT the last video i showed of another guy with the same issues his is on bare bottom?? i will pm him to see if it was on sand and this was right after moving.

pasyv, that is what i thought, stroke or epilepsy..... his tail is still and looks weird when he is doing this... also his rear fins "feet" look stiff too.
keepinfish
Actief lid

Volgende

Keer terug naar Breeding, illness, health and nutrition