Wat biedt het roggenforum voor haar leden?

Als gast van het roggenforum heb je toegang tot een enorme hoeveelheid informatie. Niet alleen kun je profielen en ervaringen van verschillende soorten roggen en roofvissen nalezen, ook kun je op de meest uiteenlopende vragen een antwoord vinden!

Maar er is meer! Voor onze leden hebben we nog meer categorieen beschikbaar gesteld. Deze onderwerpen zijn als gast niet leesbaar. Als lid heb je toegang tot aquariumdagboeken, marktplaats vraag & aanbod, artikelen, stellingen, nieuws, een speciaal gedeelte voor fun & off topic en "wie is wie" waar je de Nederlandse roggen- en roofvissenliefhebbers persoonlijk leert kennen.

Wil je volledig gebruik maken van alle mogelijkheden die het forum te bieden heeft?
Maak dan hier je gratis account aan.

Roggenforum.nl gebruikt cookies om instellingen te onthouden. Klik hier voor meer informatie.

Black tailed antena ray named

Interesting articles and news relating stingrays and predatory fish

Moderator: Kev

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated

Black tailed antena ray named

Berichtdoor Andersp90 » do 03 nov 2011, 10:46

The black tailed antenna ray has been named. Plesiotrygon nana is the new name.

Afbeelding

You can read more here:
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/c ... p?sid=3954

The dwarf freshwater stingray commonly known as the Black tailed antenna ray in the aquarium trade has finally been formally named in a recent issue of the journal Papéis Avulsos de Zoologia.

Marcelo Carvalho and Maíra Ragno name the new stingray from the upper and middle Amazon River drainage Plesiotrygon nana, after its small adult size (Latin nanus=dwarf).

Plesiotrygon nana differs from its only congener, P. iwamae, in a number of ways, including having the dorsal surface of the disc with highly convoluted yellowish lines or small spots composed into very fine rosettes or a combination of spots and irregular ocelli, a circular disc, a broadly rounded snout, very small and less rhomboidal spiracles, a short snout and a narrow mouth and nostrils.

In addition, the denticles on the dorsal surface of the tail are small, scattered, and not forming a row of enlarged spines, it has significantly fewer tooth rows in adult and preadult fish, fewer caudal vertebrae, and a higher number of pectoral radials.

This species also has a very small adult size, probably not surpassing 25cm/10" disc length or width.

They claim that they max out a 25 (normally) wich I think is correct! :)
Kind regards Anders.
Andersp90
Actief lid

Re: Black tailed antena ray named

Berichtdoor Lode » do 03 nov 2011, 22:16

That tail is amazing. Heard it's not true that they die when tail is broken, as was said previously?
Lode
Beheerder

Berichtdoor Andersp90 » do 03 nov 2011, 22:25

I have been told that it depends on how much they lose, and that Plesiotrygon iwamae is the most fragile of the two.
Kind regards Anders.
Andersp90
Actief lid

Berichtdoor Joost » ma 01 apr 2013, 21:19

Since a view weeks I own such ray,

I bought it as Paratrygon orbicularis, is though I believe it's a synonym for Plesiotrygon nana, am I correct?

I have trouble feeding her, I own her now about 4 weeks, but she stays skinny.

I feed her chopped earthworms & shrimp, tubifex, bloodworms, and small feeding fish.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Joost
Erelid

Keer terug naar Articles and news