[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4631: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4633: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4634: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4635: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Roggenforum.nl • Toon onderwerp - Definite Guide for Potamotrigonidae by Heiko Bleher

Definite Guide for Potamotrigonidae by Heiko Bleher

Interesting articles and news relating stingrays and predatory fish

Moderator: Kev

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated

Re: Definite Guide for Potamotrigonidae by Heiko Bleher

Berichtdoor Heiko Bleher » ma 09 aug 2010, 20:48

Hi guys,

interesting to read these posts and thanks to some of you, although not all, simply because I cannot comment in most of these questions, as until today I have not seen the article myself. Naturally I know what I wrote and I am 100% sure of the correct identification (which I see thoughout other publications where there are many, but really many misidentifications published, that was also a reason to get these identifications strait, hopefully once and for all including the correct localities and species), but I also know that in several occasions in PFK they misplaced the captions of the photos send. Although we do the captions within the photo, some of their editors have still misplaced them. I have mentioned that a couple of times to Matt Clark, the editor in chief.

So only once I see the issue myself I can answer to that. I just complained not having received it.

With regards to some comments like Leporinus, naturally it depends which species. But in Russia a friend has them, Large Leprinus fasciatus and L. frederici (both very large specimens, like they can grow in nature), for years with his rays and no problem. To my experiance (which surely is not that of everyone), I have only given information I (myself) experianced.

I think from the point of information it was complete, but maybe not for everyone – that would be asking to much. In addition: How much can one bring on a few pages available in a magazine? I think from all the freshwater stingray books I have seen from around the world, it has more information and more correct than in those (and i do not want to go into names here). For a beginner it is a definite guide with all necessary elements and correct identification (better then any place I have seen it publsihed, on the internet or in books), and maybe for the first time the wild species correctly identified with the correct location, if they mixed it up, I will see and can later make the comments accordingly.

An last, but not least, naturally I do not have the keeping and breeding experiance some on this nice website or on in this forum have, but I am sure with regards to wilds I have more expereince then anyone living and my main aim for this article was to pass on the "wild" experiance and that what I have had with the experiance of hundreds of thousands exported world-wide, and surely before anyone else did it. And with the collecting in nature since my childhood in the 1950s and thoughout my hundreds of South American expeditions.

Thank you also Ernesto for your kind words,

always

Heiko Bleher
Heiko Bleher
Nieuw lid

Berichtdoor Lode » ma 09 aug 2010, 21:51

Is it possible to post the PFK article here? I think a lot of us are curious now and would like to read it :)
Lode
Beheerder

Berichtdoor Ernesto » ma 09 aug 2010, 23:11

That would be nice cause its impossible to find it anyway here in Spain.....by now :)
Maybe some gentle forum user can send me a copy (that i will pay for of course !!!!).

Best regards
Ernesto Roa.
Ernesto
Actief lid

Vorige

Keer terug naar Articles and news