[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4631: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4633: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4634: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4635: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Roggenforum.nl • Toon onderwerp - BD arrived in very poor condition help

BD arrived in very poor condition help

For discussion on breeding stingrays & fish illness, health and nutrition

Moderator: Kev

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated

BD arrived in very poor condition help

Berichtdoor mattpf » za 19 maart 2011, 05:57

i did end up finding a white xingu in germany and it arrived dead.along with it i orderd a bd female.they are both very thin way different from the photos he sent to me.now i live in canada and they were just shipped to me yesterday from a german company called amazon fish.

i need to get this bd to eat.looks like its been a while since she last ate.any tips or help you guys out their maybe able to assist me with.i have no live blackworms here until next week but i do have acess to live ghost shrimp and already tried without sucess.well i dont know for certian that she didnt eat at night but i am assuming the worst.

i tried extremely hard to find a snow leopard this is such a dissapointment to me.i dont think i will be able to find any ever again.theirs no quota for white rays in brazil. :(

i have brought in many rays some in worse shape but not as thin.the flight was approx 24 hours to me and the baggs didnt have enough water in them and the quality of that water in the baggs was terrible.it stunk very badly.
now just incase he doesnt fix this problem of the doa xingu i really want the bd to survive because than i dont completely loose.i worked very hard to earn the money to buy these rays and for this to happen to me is terrible.

any help would be great thanks guys :)
mattpf
Nieuw lid

Re: bd arrived in very poor condition help

Berichtdoor joeka » za 19 maart 2011, 08:24

I think you should hold the ray in the dark,no light and temperature 31°, can't you find her any earth worm? Cut it in little pieces or cook the live schrimps and cut in in little pieces.

I hope this may help!
joeka
Actief lid

Berichtdoor klcc88 » za 19 maart 2011, 17:55

Matt, did the rays arrived Dead? or died after it was introduced into your tank? if it was DOA in the box when you unpacked, you should take a photo of it date and time stamped and see if seller can reimburse you. If it arrived alive and died into your tank then that's a different story.
klcc88
Actief lid

Re: BD arrived in very poor condition help

Berichtdoor Lode » zo 20 maart 2011, 10:20

Sounds terrible :(

Some questions first. Did you drip acclimitize the stingrays? Can you make a picture please. The water parameters would also help to advise. What is the color of the underside of the disk?

Do you know what the rays ate at the former owner?
Lode
Beheerder

Berichtdoor mattpf » ma 21 maart 2011, 05:05

these rays were sent to me in terrible shape.they probably never ate in captivity.another vendor ripped me off.he will not respond to honor the doa xingu or this bd.he straight up screwed me.sending me bad rays and now not responding is a sure sign of dishonesty.and i worked very hard to buy these rays.living in canada is very expensive wages are very low here
mattpf
Nieuw lid

Berichtdoor klcc88 » ma 21 maart 2011, 13:11

Matt, we hear your pain, but be careful in accusing vendors of ripping you off. My understanding through you was that they arrived alive and the Xingu died 30mins after introduction into your tank with the so called technique of "squirt and dump" method of you introducing your ray into your tank. I thought your BD was still alive after a couple of days in your tank?

Everyone tries and make an honest living.......Suggest you call them on the phone and discuss this matter until you have exhausted all your efforts....then ask the mods if you can expose versus exposing and damaging others business without explaining the whole ordeal!.

Best of luck with your remaining rays.
klcc88
Actief lid

Berichtdoor Renzenator » ma 21 maart 2011, 19:22

it's sad to hear :(
Renzenator
Actief lid

Berichtdoor mattpf » wo 23 maart 2011, 17:03

you must have been mistaken or i was. i thought the rays were both dead when they arrived. than i thought they were still breathing. the bd was alive but the other was dead when i introduced him i never confirmed him breathing ever or maybe i was mistaken.

when a vendor sends you pictures of a fat healthy ray and tells you they are perfect and eating everything chen. than you recieve rays in complete opposite condition its very clear that he was screwing me right from the begining "no matter how you look at it".

squirt and dump acclimation is the most common method for introducing rays into your tank after 30 plus hours of shipment buddie. its not "so called" its the way we do it. after a ray had been i a bag for 30 plus hours the water gets bad very bad. but its not until you open the bag. the damage happens with the exchange of oxygen, in water the rays start to freak and ammonia is burning them. ammonia is less harmfull in colder water and no air, if you start slowly adding warm water all you do is slowly damage the rays.

all i am trying to say is that slow acclimation when the water the ray came in is high in ammonia and nitrite is very dangerous you just dont have that option. you can do it slower but that just causes more internal damage vs getting it in the tank quick into good water.

the regular 4 hour acclimation slow drip is the very best way to acclimate a ray if you have that option. i never went to a pet shop and bought my rays or got them already preacclimated a hour flight away. these rays came in from very far away. i live in a city where flights are very limited to our airport and the rays were not directly flown into my city like yours they can. i have bought rays from usa and they came in great shape maybe 8 hour flight and i did the slow drip acclimation and it works the best. the rays ate in the baggs even.

i have many years experience from a different part of the world i have been keeping fw rays for 8 years and fish for 20 plus years since i was a kid.

i would like to be accepted as a respectable member on your site with experiences to share and to listen to your experiences and gather data on every bodys methods.i love to hear everybodys personal experiences .i dont think kindly of people just reading stuff and passing it on as their personal experience.

mattpf
Nieuw lid

Berichtdoor mattpf » wo 23 maart 2011, 17:20

mattpf
Nieuw lid

Berichtdoor Lode » zo 03 apr 2011, 18:27

The topic has been cleaned of personal attacts. Please keep things friendly on the forum from now on.

It's a good idea to start over in an introdutory thread Matt :)
Lode
Beheerder

Keer terug naar Breeding, illness, health and nutrition